Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday shopping 4/3 - Saved 98%





Total before sales & coupons: $56.81
Savings: $55.68 or 98%
OOP (out of pocket): $3.47
Got Paid Back $22.47!!!  Great profit!!
So this week I managed to hit a few stores on Sunday with my little Munchkin in tow. I picked up my free 8x10 photo from Walgreens and also got the April and Spring Beauty Wags coupon booklets. Still haven’t been able to get my hands on the Infant Care Coupon Booklet, sigh! Then I headed to CVS which was a great trip. Lastly I visited Rite aid which ended up being a spoiler. Have you ever planned a shopping trip and not realize your UP rewards have expired!! I pulled up at RA then while double checking my UPs I saw that they expired yesterday 4/2. And the unfortunate part is I visited RA yesterday to pick a few things and used half of my UPS and didn’t check the expiring date of the others. So I lost $6 worth of Up rewards. Apart from that the lineup of my coupons were rung up in the wrong order I ended up spending more UP rewards and OOP. All I can say is it's a lesson well learned I will be extremely careful next time when I hand them over to the cashier as the fault is on me. And maybe next time I could just drive home and reassess my shopping strategy.

Back to my trip:
1. Walgreen:
Total before sales & coupons: $2.99
Savings: $2.99 or 100%
OOP (out of pocket): $0 Free
Walgreens are promoting 7 days of deals again in their Photo section you can snag some great gifts for free or reduced prices. Today's check out code: DEAL8X10
 
2. CVS trip:
Total before sales & coupons: $42.04
Savings: $41.69 or 99.16%
OOP (out of pocket): $2.14
Got Back $ 17.47 in ECB’s
 I bought:
Clairol Nice n’ Easy Color Blend foam color $7.99 Get back 1 ECB
Used the free coupon from Face book promotion in March
= Free
Complete Multi-purpose solution $8.99 Get back 8.99 ECB limit 1
Used $1/1 coupon 4/3 SS
 = 7.99
(2)Oral-B Manual toothbrush $2.99 Get back $1.98 ECB limit 1
Used B1G1 FREE Oral-B Advantage toothbrush coupon 3/13 RP
ALSO, used $2/1 coupon 4/3 PG
 = 0.99
Gold Bond body wash $5.88  Get back a $3 Ecb limit of 1
Used $2/1 coupon in 3/6 SS
=3.88
 (1)Oral-B Pro-health complete rinse $3.49 : Get back a $2.50 ECB limit of 2
Used $1/1 Crest rinse coupon 4/3 PG

=2.49
Sundays Newspaper $2
= 2
 Used $4 off $20 purchase coupon (emailed from CVS) – Remember you  have to get to $20 BEFORE any other coupons! Make sure you register your email with CVS to get this great Coupon offers!!
Used : 13 ECB's 
Paid : 2.14 OPP !!!
Got back $1 (Clairol),$3 (Goldbond), $1.98(Oral B), $2.50( Crest), $8.99( complete) ECB’s to use on my next trip.
Now if I only waited and bought the newspaper after getting the ECB's I would have paid only $0.14 OPP!! I’m still tempted to head down to CVS and do some more shopping. :)

3: Rite Aid :
Total  before sales & coupons: $11.78
Savings: $11  or 93.37%
OOP (out of pocket): $1.33
Got Back $5 in UP’s
I had previously planned to buy the Gillette Proglide Razor and the Scunci hair bands.
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Razor - $9.99, $5 +UP Reward
$5 Gillette Fusion ProGlide coupon from March Ebony  inserts

 =4.99
Scunci Hair Bands - $1.99, $1.99 +UP Reward
=1.99
 Instead  I bought  the razor only then handed the MFR coupon followed by all of my $UP rewards to the cashier. That’s when the order mishap happened  had to find filler  as there was a penny  remaining ($1.99) and the $2 UP couldn't be applied. In a perfect world the $2 UP should have been applied in the beginning and I would have had 1 UP remaining and have 99c before tax to pay for without adding the filler!!.  I took a Newton fig tagged as 49 c instead it rang up 79 c I was already emotionally drenched  I didn’t see the need to search for something cheaper and the Cashier is a very pleasant lady, didn’t want to leave her with a bad impression.  I was also lucky that the store wasn't busy  and my baby wasn't acting up either!!
Used : 4UPs and $1UP for prescription.
Paid:  1.33 OOP 
Got $5 UP back.
It seems I will be going to RA again  for an exchange hubby prefers the battery operated one. Oh! well, another adventure!!
 
 Copy of my receipt... You be the Judge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment